A view out of a dark interior of the Trinity library of the buildings across the quad.

Your Health

At Trinity

Your Physical and Mental Health

And Wellbeing

For current medical advice or guidance about coronavirus, see the college COVID19 pages or the University’s health advice pages:

Medical Consultations During the COVID-19 Pandemic 

Until further notice, there are no ‘Drop-In Clinics’. Consultations are held remotely on MS Teams, Zoom, or by phone, and are pre-booked by email or phone. If a Face-to-Face consultation is indicated, an appropriate location will be arranged. All consultations are confidential.

Medical Care at Trinity

The Basics

Medical Care at Trinity is provided by the College Nurse, Kerry Minton, and the College Doctors, Dr Kyle Knox and Dr Hannah Peters. All are highly experienced professionals in community-based primary care and can refer you to hospital care (called secondary care) if needed. 

The College Nurse, Kerry Minton, is available by appointment to advise, treat and support any college student who is unwell, injured or in any other difficulty.  If she cannot help you, she will refer you to someone who can.

Kerry’s Clinic times: Monday 10:00 to 15:45, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30 to 12:30 (0th- 8th week)

To arrange an appointment: contact Kerry at:; or by phone: 01865 (2)79915.

The College


The College Doctors, Dr Kyle Knox and Dr Hannah Peters, are based at Summertown Health Centre (SHC) in North Oxford, to which the college is linked. Registration information is provided to students in their Fresher’s pack, and the college nurse can help with your registration if needed.

College Doctors Surgery (dedicated to Trinity Students): Surgery appointments take place on Wednesdays from 10.30 to 12.30 (0th - 8th week) 

To arrange an appointment for the College Doctors’ Surgery: please email Kerry, the college nurse at (, who triages and then books the appointments as appropriate.  
To arrange a Consultation with the College Doctors at other times, for advice or treatment:

Please contact SHC Reception, on: 01865-515552, or start an online consultation here:

Prescriptions can be requested either by the surgery’s online services via the website using the e-Consult form or by emailing your request to Your prescription can be sent electronically to a pharmacy local to you. If the Doctors have not sent a prescription for you to that pharmacy before, please let us know its name and postcode and allow 72 hours to process.

Emergencies and

Out of Hours Advice

Accidents and emergencies when an ambulance is needed

  • Outside College: Call 999
  • Inside College: Call the Lodge: 01865 279900 to arrange an ambulance directly to your location

Ambulance paramedics give immediate medical care where a physical or mental health problem that threatens life or limb, until full emergency treatment can be provided at the Accident and Emergency department of the John Radcliffe Hospital.

If you aren't sure whether or when to call 999, consult this advice:

Out of hours urgent NHS advice

If you need urgent medical advice outside normal working hours (or think you need to see a doctor urgently) and it is not an emergency, please phone 111. Your call will go to an NHS team of advisers who can give you healthcare advice and may direct you to an out-of-hours GP for further advice or an appointment, or to other medical services.

For more information, please see  

Urgent NHS Mental Health Advice Line (Oxfordshire): 01865 904997


Health Resources

College first aid 

Several members of staff (including the Porters, Junior Deans and others) are First Aid trained. If you need first aid, please call the Lodge for help in the first instance on 01865 279900.

Dental Care

Studental is a dental practice based at Brookes University which offers NHS Dental Care for members of the University. Further information can be found here.

Information for international students

The UK Council for International Student Affairs provides some useful information about healthcare entitlements for non-UK students. This can be found on the UKISA website.  It is also worth visiting the NHS website for the details about services provided and how to access them.