Tax Efficient Giving from the UK

Trinity is a registered charity (1143755), so if you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase the value of your gift at no additional cost through the Gift Aid scheme.

By declaring you are happy for us to claim Gift Aid, you will allow Trinity to reclaim the basic rate of income tax on your donation and increase the value of your gift by 25 per cent. For your gift to qualify for Gift Aid, you must have paid income tax or capital gains tax that is equal to, or more than, the amount of tax that is claimed by each charity you have donated to within that tax year (6 April to 5 April).  Taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.  Higher rate taxpayers are also entitled to claim tax relief on their gifts in the form of a rebate from HM Revenue & Customs. This is the equivalent of 25 per cent of the original (net) gift to the college and means that a net gift of £1,000 to Trinity will cost the donor £750.

gift aid declaration

In order for us to claim gift aid, you need to complete a declaration.
If you are making a gift online, there is the option to make an electronic declaration. For other gifts, or if you have made a donation in the past which you would like us to be able to claim gift aid on, please complete and return the form below.

tax efficient giving from overseas

There are a number of schemes in place overseas which allow your donation to Trinity to be made in a tax efficient way. In some instances this increases the value of your gift at no extra cost to you.

making a donation

Gifts can be regular or one off and can be made in a number of ways. However you decide to give, your essential support is greatly appreciated.