The information held
In addition to the basic information about constituents provided by the Academic Office, e.g. matriculation dates and subjects studied, the Alumni & Development Office also holds on its database other information, which is added when constituents voluntarily complete an update form, make a booking, make a donation, respond to messages and provide feedback.
Use of Personal Information
Information you provide helps the college to maintain its relationship with you. For example:
- To ensure you receive invitations to appropriate events, such as subject dinners, Gaudies, events related to your interests and events in your region
- To send copies of newsletters, e-newsletters, the Report and fundraising literature
- To communicate with you if there are any questions about donations, event bookings or other administrative matters
In other words, it enables the college to write to, phone or email you about relevant events, send you the literature produced for all constituents and to ask for your support of the college’s fundraising priorities. To change the ways in which you are contacted by Trinity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Your Personal Information
- Your contact details and other information may be shared with Fellows and Emeritus Fellows of the college
- Your contact details are shared with the University of Oxford (https://www.campaign.ox.ac.uk/data-protection). To instruct the college not to share your contact details with the University, please contact email@example.com
- If you have signed a Gift Aid declaration, your contact and donation details will be shared with HMRC when processing the college’s Gift Aid claims
- From time to time, personal information will be sent to external agencies such as mailing houses and, if you have made a donation, to direct debit bureaux or your bank (in the case of standing orders), for processing on behalf of the college. It will not be sold, or disclosed to other parties except if we are required to do so by law
- If Old Members have given their consent for the Alumni & Development Office to do so, their contact details will be shared, upon request, with other Old Members. To register your consent or to withdraw existing consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to and correction of your information
You have the right to ask to see the information held about you. For further details about the use of your information, how we maintain its security and your right to access the information we hold on you, please contact email@example.com
By logging into Trinity Net, the secure section of the website that is only accessible to current students, Old Members and Friends, you can see you records online. In addition to your name and matriculation year, Trinity Net allows you to choose to make some of your details available in the searchable directory or to choose for your name not to appear.
If you would like a paper copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Alumni & Development Office, Trinity College, Oxford, OX1 3BH. The college will respond within one month of receiving your request.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
Trinity College Websites
Trinity does not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit the college’s websites, unless you choose to provide such information. Providing such information is entirely voluntary.
If you have any questions about the practices of the websites, or your dealings with these sites, please contact email@example.com.