Trinity College’s Online Teacher CPD Programme
We offer two online Teacher CPD programmes for teachers from state schools and colleges, one for those in Oxfordshire and one for those in the North East of England.
- To sign up for the North East CPD programme, fill in our online form here.
- To sign up for the Oxfordshire CPD programme, fill in our online form here.
Each programme will be delivered in a series of live online workshops via Zoom. We aim to make it as easy as possible for colleagues to participate, and to meet other teachers in a similar position who are seeking to support students in making successful applications to competitive universities, with a particular focus on the University of Oxford.
We invite colleagues to take part in the programme regardless of their school’s current level of pupil progression to top universities, including Oxford. And we particularly welcome teachers for whom the UCAS process is brand new, who have little experience of supporting pupils through the HE application process, applying to the Russell Group or the University of Oxford.
Teachers will receive a certificate of attendance for each session and a final certificate for completing the whole course of sessions. Additionally, we hope to achieve official CPD accreditation in time for this year’s programme.
The programme aims to break down the different aspects of university applications and help colleagues to see that while each individual element such as the personal statement or an interview is important, it is part of an overall assessment made by university admissions tutors – each element of which we hope to make more transparent and easier to navigate.
The course offers practical advice to those supporting applications: What is that universities really want from a teacher reference? How can a student best prepare for something challenging like an Admissions Test? What are universities looking for in interviews, and how can I help my students look forward to them and prepare practically?
Here is what the programme will cover, with each session placed at an appropriate moment in the admissions cycle:
- An introduction to the University of Oxford and the admissions process
- How to support your students through the process of writing a competitive personal statement
- How to approach the UCAS Teacher Reference, what top universities are looking for.
- Relevant enrichment activities for your pupils and how these enhance future academic success (with supplementary teacher resources)
- The admissions tests – what these are, how they are used in the application process and how can you support your pupils to prepare
- The interview – what these are, how are they used
To sign up and/or register your interest please complete this short form online here at any time during the year. We can be very flexible so depending on when you get in touch, you can either join the current programme or we’ll contact you in time for the next one.
Each session is arranged according to the participants’ availability and most sessions run twice to ensure everyone has the chance to attend.