The JCR Entz Reps in Trinity are all about making your time at Uni not just all work and no play. Here's some of what we offer you:
The College parties that occur three times a term, twice in the Beer Cellar at the beginning and end of every term and a mid-term BOP at another location. Theme's are vital to BOP's and dressing up is taken very seriously with prizes for best dressed. We're always on the look-out for new and innovative theme ideas so let us know what you want to see the whole college (un)dressing as! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Open Mic Nights
Hugely popular in College, with live music/comedy stand-up/anything you can think of. If your interested in a slot please let us know..., particularly any new talent, even if you've never performed before. And for the non-performers it's a great chance to have a drink with some friends with great live bands to listen to at the same time.
Happening twice a term in the Beer Cellar, come and show off your general knowledge skills with prizes as always for the winners.
If you love to hit Parkend's cheese-floor or The Cellar's Live Nights, we should have everything covered. We try and promote nights that everyone will enjoy and also want to organise college trips to nights like Fuzzy Duck's.
The JCR DVDs are housed in the Library (hurrah!) so can be checked out at any time of the day or night. Use the self-issue machine as usual, with the spine against the red line to de-activate the security device. Although you can keep them for the same time as books PLEASE return as soon as you are finished to allow others to use them. If you have a title you think the JCR might like, the Entz fund may buy it off you at a reasonable price.
Our current collection includes:- A Fistful of Dollars, Airplane, Airplane II: The sequel, Alien 3, Alien Ressurection, Aliens, Amelie, Anchorman, Blood Diamond, Borat, Cape Fear Collection, Chocolat, Citizen Kane, Constantine, "Crocodile" Dundee, "Crocodile" Dundee II, Dodgeball, Dogma, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, For a Few Dollars More, Friday the 13th, Gladiator, Hairspray, Hang'em High, Hide and Seek, iRobot, Jackie Brown, Jarhead, Jeepers Creepers, Karate Kid Collection, Kill Bill, King Kong, Kiss of the Dragon, Knocked Up, Little Miss Sunshine, Midsomer Murders Christmas Collection, Minority Report, Notes on a Scandal, Notting Hill, Panic Room, Pan's Labyrinth, Pretty Woman, Purple Storm, Raging Bull, Reservoir Dogs, Richard Pryor Live and Smoking, SE7EN (Seven), Shaun of the Dead, Spawn, Spider Man 2, Sweeney Todd, The Blues Brothers, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, The Green Mile, The Last King of Scotland, The Passion of the Christ, The Perfect Storm, The Pianist, The Shawshank Redemption, The Waterboy, The Whole Nine Yards, Titanic, Whitnail and I and Zoolander.
Join the Facebook page for updates on what's happening. As always, please get in touch if you have any ideas, or want any events planned by us in college or elsewhere: email@example.com or talk to James Routley and Nat Pearson.
- Eclectric Oxford
- Offering something different from your standard Taio Cruz and Black Eyed Peas, these Thursday nights at Babylove are highly recommended - "deep tunes, heavy bass and darker beats on plenty of extra soundsystem."
- Entz Facebook Page
- Trinity Entz presence on Facebook. 'Like' us for updates and events we put on.
- Fuzzy Ducks
- Wednesday nights at Wahoo or 'The Fuzzy Ducks Mansion'. Officially a Brookes night and the "easiest place to get laid in the UK"...
- Interesting Talks Oxford
- A little more intellectual - highlighting some of the most interesting talks going on in Oxford each week.
- O2 Academy Oxford
- The largest gig venue in Oxford, mid sized bands often play here. Friday night is Switch, a new bass night, and on Saturdays there's Propaganda, 'The UK’s biggest indie night'. About 15mins walk down Cowley Rd.
- Odeon Cinemas
- Odeon cinemas can be found at both Magdalen St and George St. The website offers the option of online ticket booking.
- Phoenix Picture House
- A lovely cinema in Jericho, often cheaper than The Odeons. They host 'Phoenix After Dark' nights where they show classic films at midnight.
- A cocktail bar in Jericho, 'One of the top 50 bars on earth', according to The Sunday Times. Open until 1am on Thursday to Saturday nights.
- The Ashmolean Museum
- A museum of historical artefacts and art. Free entry to standard events and as Oxford students we can get free entry into their ticketed events. They host Late Night openings with special exhibitions and occasional free drinks.
- The Bullingdon Arms
- A pub in Cowley with a music venue in the back. Julio Bashmore, Dave Rodigan, Joy Orbison and Ben UFO have all played recently.
- The Cellar
- Underground club off Cornmarket Street. Mostly electronic music but they often have gigs, acoustic nights, swing DJs and hip hop nights.
- Ultimate Picture Palace
- The Ultimate Picture Palace is a privately owned independent cinema showing a mix of independent, art house, mainstream and classic films. No adverts before films and they show classic films on Sunday afternoons and Monday evenings.
- Varsity Events
- These guys organise the main student nights for Oxford in the week - join the group for the latest! .